Public quays

Anyone who wants to use a public quay to load or unload goods or wants to use quay land for short-term storage of goods must ask permission for this. Here you can find out how to do this.

Vlissingen and Terneuzen 

You must complete a form to use public quays in Vlissingen and Terneuzen. The form must be signed by the Port Authority of North Sea Port. You can download the form below. 


  • Please submit the application to the harbour master’s office of Gent Port Authority by e-mail
  • The applicant is responsible for the correctness of the details on the application form. 
  • The Port Authority will accept or refuse the application. Prior written permission by the Port Authority is required before the public quay/quay land is used in any way. 
  • The instructions and conditions imposed by the harbour master’s office must be respected during the entire period of use. 
  • The fees are to be paid by the person who signed the application form or the person who, with regard to the loaded or unloaded goods, acts as the owner, sender, recipient, consignee or authorised representative or agent for one of them.