How can we be of service?
North Sea Port is supporting the business community in their preparation for the Brexit through various initiatives. We are, for instance, facilitating their contact with relevant authorities such as Customs. Via a lobbying initiative, we are promoting legislative measures that might serve to mitigate the negative impact of the Brexit. And we are organising round-table discussions for stakeholders, aimed at informing all the parties involved.
On this page, you will find a list of contact addresses for the Netherlands and Belgium. You can turn to these authorities for information or training courses to help your business prepare for the Brexit.
Brexit Impact Scan
Be sure to consult the Brexit Impact Scan, an online tool that lets you check whether your business is ready for the transition. Based on a questionnaire, the tool identifies various matters you should keep in mind. It will also provide you with advice on import and export, selecting a base of operations, transport, using digital services, suppliers, intellectual property and competition and the market.
The information in the tool can be updated quickly at any time. This means the scan always provides up-to-date results and offers you an accurate indication of the Brexit's potential consequences for your business.
Many authorities are offering information in connection with the Brexit. We have listed a number of sources of information for the Netherlands and Belgium here for your convenience. All listed websites are in Dutch.
For Dutch businesses:
- VNO-NCW, MKB-Nederland and the Dutch government: information, news, tips
- The Dutch government: information, tips, events
- Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) - Dutch government & Brexit info point for the agricultural sector: information, tips, packaging products etc. specifically for animals, animal products, plants and plant-based products
- Tax and Customs Administration - Dutch customs: information on customs and import/export duties
For Belgian businesses:
- Flanders Investment & Trade: information on the possible social, fiscal and legal consequences of the Brexit
- Voka: evolutions, training courses and informational sessions regarding the Brexit
- Federal Public Service Finance: customs & duties product data sheets, customs, import/export duties, local Brexit coordinators, request licences, EORI number
- Unizo: information and informational sessions
- Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain (FASFC): information, tips, status updates on the situation (also in French)
For general information on the Brexit, help in getting ready or referrals to direct points of contact at the relevant authorities, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org