- €13.49 billion
- number 3 on the list of European ports
- 98.372 jobs (43.941 direct and 54.431 indirect jobs)
- approximately 525 companies
- 70,3 million tonnes of cargo carried by 9,371 seagoing ships
- 58 million tonnes of cargo carried by 40,000 inland waterway vessels
- number 10 on the list of European ports
- Vlissingen 17 metres
- Terneuzen and Ghent 12.5 metres
- 18 nautical miles long and 13.5 metres deep
- accessible to ships up to 92,000 DWT (deadweight tons) with a maximum length of 265 metres, a width of 37 metres and a draught of 12.5 metres.
New Terneuzen Lock
- in the course of 2022, a large new lock will be added to the lock complex
- 427 metres long, 55 metres wide and 16 metres deep
- suitable for large seagoing vessels up to 366 metres long, 49 metres wide and 15 metres deep
- approximately 1000 hectares
North Sea Port is a 60 kilometres long cross-border port area, stretching from Vlissingen in the Netherlands to Ghent in Belgium.
- 9,100 hectares (or nearly 18,000 football pitches)
- 33 docks
- 56 km of quay walls, 134 km of roads, 361 km of railway track.